Here’s just a few of my favorite sites & resources. The list is always growing!
Books / Reading
- Goodreads – Connect with friends to see what they’re reading, what books are trending, get book personalized recommendations, keep track of books you’ve read, make a to-read book list, etc.
- The Journal Newsletter by Kevin Rose – “A monthly newsletter for the curious.”
- Pocket – Keep track of all your online reading in one place.
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations Podcast – “Awaken, discover and connect to the deeper meaning of the world around you with SuperSoul. Hear Oprah’s personal selection of her interviews with thought-leaders, best-selling authors, spiritual luminaries, as well as health and wellness experts. All designed to light you up, guide you through life’s big questions and help bring you one step closer to your best self.”
- The Journal by Kevin Rose Podcast – In this show, Kevin Rose (a serial entrepreneur and technology investor) goes deep with fellow geeks from all walks of life. Interviewing technologists, scientists, and artisans to discover insights that can benefit us all.
- The Simple Show Podcast – “The Simple Show is a podcast where we explore unconventional ways of living and making the most out of things like work, travel, and family. I talk shop with other people about what that looks like for them—food, travel, writing, books, parenting, work, fashion, and everything in between”
- Hidden Brain Podcast – Social science podcast which “helps curious people understand the world – and themselves.”
- Ted Radio Hour Podcast – “Based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, power shifts, or inexplicable connections.”
- Travel with Rick Steves Podcast – “A weekly one-hour conversation with guest experts and callers about travel, cultures, people, and the things we find around the world that give life its extra sparkle. Rick Steves is America’s leading authority on travel to Europe and beyond. Host and writer of over a hundred public television travel shows and author of 30 best-selling guidebooks, Rick now brings his passion for exploring and understanding our world to public radio.”
- Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things – “People dedicated to rejecting the American ideal that things bring happiness are interviewed in this documentary showing the virtues of less is more.”
- Motivational Quotes (via Twitter)– Nice to see these in the Twitter feed amongst all the news.
- Eater – Local and national food news and trends.
- Mind Body Green – Articles on living a more mindful, healthy, and balanced life.
- The Muse – Career questions answered, browse career opportunities, find a career coach, etc.
- TechCrunch – Tech news. Just one of the sites where I find myself saying, “What a time to be alive.”
- Google Flights – I’m a fan of their flight price tracking.Check out these articles for tips: Here and here.
- Hipmunk – My second favorite travel site for finding the best flight deal by price, time, and duration (“agony”).
- Rome2Rio – I use this to help plan travel abroad. See the best methods of transportation no matter where you’re going. (Note: These are all approximations.
Executive Assistant Resources
Executive Secretary Magazine (website articles, LinkedIn, classes/conferences)
RedCape Co (assistant training – hard skills mostly)
- Office Dynamics and their Monday Motivators Newsletter
Be The Ultimate Assistant (training/conferences)
Tips for Assistants (articles)
Jeremy Burrows’ Blog (great articles/newsletter and a lot to be passed on to the Executive)
- Be the Ultimate Assistant Podcast – This podcast aims to “tackle the burning issues for Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants, their executives and teams in today’s complicated and demanding workplace.”
- Being Indispensable Podcast – “Being Indispensable is a podcast for Executive Assistants. It’s about the mindset shift required to form a true partnership with your executive. Listen to interviews with indispensable executive assistants themselves, insights from executives and business leaders who share what they value in their indispensable assistants and join Liz as she explores the skills and leadership development required to build a true partnership with your executive.”