Here’s just a few of my favorite sites & resources. The list is always growing!
Books / Reading
- Goodreads – Connect with friends to see what they’re reading, what books are trending, get book personalized recommendations, keep track of books you’ve read, make a to-read book list, etc.
- The Journal Newsletter by Kevin Rose – “A monthly newsletter for the curious.”
- Pocket – Keep track of all your online reading in one place.
- Real Simple – I’m a magazine subscriber. There’s tons of articles and tips on just about everything. “Life Made Easier” equals a motto I can get on board with.
- Be the Ultimate Assistant Podcast – This podcast aims to “tackle the burning issues for Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants, their executives and teams in today’s complicated and demanding workplace.”
- The Journal by Kevin Rose Podcast – In this show, Kevin Rose (a serial entrepreneur and technology investor) goes deep with fellow geeks from all walks of life. Interviewing technologists, scientists, and artisans to discover insights that can benefit us all.
- The Simple Show Podcast – “The Simple Show is a podcast where we explore unconventional ways of living and making the most out of things like work, travel, and family. I talk shop with other people about what that looks like for them—food, travel, writing, books, parenting, work, fashion, and everything in between”
- Hidden Brain Podcast – Social science podcast which “helps curious people understand the world – and themselves.”
- Ted Radio Hour Podcast – “Based on Talks given by riveting speakers on the world-renowned TED stage, each show is centered on a common theme – such as the source of happiness, crowd-sourcing innovation, power shifts, or inexplicable connections.”
- Minimalism: A Documentary About the Important Things – “People dedicated to rejecting the American ideal that things bring happiness are interviewed in this documentary showing the virtues of less is more.”
- Motivational Quotes (via Twitter)– Nice to see these in the Twitter feed amongst all the news.
- Eater – Local and national food news and trends.
- Mind Body Green – Articles on living a more mindful, healthy, and balanced life.
- The Muse – Career questions answered, browse career opportunities, find a career coach, etc.
- TechCrunch – Tech news. Just one of the sites where I find myself saying, “What a time to be alive.”
- Google Flights – I’m a fan of their flight price tracking.Check out these articles for tips: Here and here.
- Hipmunk – My second favorite travel site for finding the best flight deal by price, time, and duration (“agony”).
- Rome2Rio – I use this to help plan travel abroad. See the best methods of transportation no matter where you’re going. (Note: These are all approximations.)