- Executive Assistants Meet Up at SXSW 2018: For the fourth year in a row, I hosted an official meet up for Executive Assistants and Administrative Professionals attending the event. These attendees discuss trends within the EA field, trade tips with other admins, while expanding their professional and personal networks.
- Administrative Professionals Network of Austin (APNA): I helped to co-found this community network where we host online conversations and informal networking events for admins in the Austin area from all different fields. The goal is for Administrative Professionals to learn, grow, network, and feel inspired about what they do!
- IAAP – Summit 2017: In July 2017 in New Orleans, as a scholarship recipient, I will attend my first IAAP Summit conference, put on by The International Association of Administrative Professionals.
- SXSW Advisory Board: As a member of the SXSW Advisory Board, I share my time and “expertise” by evaluating proposed sessions submitted via PanelPicker. The board’s participation weighs heavily in the overall programming of the event. The sessions I focus on are Workplace, Food, and Style.
- Camp Campbell: I am a member of the new Austin Chapter of Camp Campbell. “Camp Campbell brings together an exclusive community of young female change makers to inspire thought leadership and foster creative collaboration.”
Previous Events, Activities, & Projects:
In order of most recent first
- Executive Assistants Meet Up at SXSW 2015, 2016, 2017
- Mentor Session at SXSW Interactive 2017: At SXSW 2017, I held a Mentor Session for aspiring EA’s or for executives who hope to work with an EA.
- Amazing Women Alliance: Created by Darlene Templeton (CEO & Founder at Templeton and Associates), “the AMAZING Women Alliance is a group of AMAZING, fabulous, talented, and high achieving women that are focused on supporting, inspiring and motivating each other to have a bigger impact in the world. We will have monthly AMAZING women networking events to provide you an opportunity to have an AWESOME evening of networking, inspirational speakers, and an environment that helps everyone grow and reach their goals.”
- Culturati Summit 2016: How companies introduce and maintain a positive and efficient culture at a company is something that is so important. The way people work, why they work, and how they work (and what makes them stay happy at work) is fascinating to me. In February 2016, I volunteered as a “Culture Ambassador”(Room Manager) at this inaugural event for high profile CEO’s which I was very proud to be a part of.
- Administrative Professionals Conference 2015: I was a panelist on the WOW Panel called “Under Fire: How Resilience, Quick Thinking (and a Little Humor) Can Save the Day”. I also spoke with another EA and my former Real HQ CEO called “Executives & Assistants on Forging Productive Partnerships.
- Executive Assistant Panel at SXSW Interactive 2015: The Work & Career programming track is one of my favorites during SXSW Interactive. I enlisted the help of EAO’s Founder, Victoria Rabin, to create a panel session around executive/administrative assistants. It was an invigorating conversation around the stories of RoseMarie Terenzio (JFK, Jr.’s former assistant) and Ann Hiatt (Google Exec Chairman, Eric Schmidt’s, Assistant) about their career ups and downs, how to put your best foot forward, the importance of a good manager/assistant relationship, and how to best communicate in that working relationship. Assistants and managers/CEO’s alike were in attendance to hear from this group of talented, professional women.
- Women of Influence Networking Group: A collaborative and exclusive social and professional networking group for female executives of diverse industries and similar interests in Austin, TX.
- Texas State Alumni- Austin Chapter Leadership Team: I worked with the rest of the Leadership Team to put on Austin-area networking and fundraising events for the Texas State University Alumni Association.
- Behind Every Leader Conferences (BEL): Produced by the Executive Assistants Organization (EAO), I attended BEL Silicon Valley in the fall of 2014 and BEL New York in May 2015. The conference is not only a great learning experience, but it is very inspiring and motivational. Some of the panelists that I had the privilege of meeting included Libby Moore (Oprah’s former Chief of Staff), Michelle DiGiacomo and Shana Larson (EA’s at Pinterest), RoseMarie Terenzio (Former Assistant to JFK, Jr.), and more.